- This event has passed.
The Ireland-Northern Ireland Protocol to the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement – CANCELLED
24th April 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The ICEL and the School of Law in Queen’s University Belfast are delighted to announce an all-day conference on the Brexit Withdrawal Agreement. The conference will feature an impressive range of speakers who will address the most important issues arising in this complex and ever-changing area, including the governance arrangements by which the agreement will be implemented in both the UK and the EU; Fundamental Rights; Citizenship and Free Movement; Goods, Customs and the Single Market; and likely future developments.
Confirmed speakers and chairs include:
- The Hon Mr Justice John Cooke, formerly of the High Court of Ireland and the Court of Justice of the European Union and Chairman of the ICEL
- Dr Thomas Liefländer, Deputy Head of Unit, Task Force for Relations with the United Kingdom, European Commission
- Professor Daniel Halberstam, University of Michigan
- Professor Gordon Anthony, Queen’s University Belfast
- Sir Declan Morgan, Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland
- Ciaran Toland SC, Law Library -Professor Christopher McCrudden, Queen’s University Belfast -Professor Imelda Maher, University College Dublin
- Professor Colin Harvey, Queen’s University Belfast
- Margaret Gray SC, QC
- Dr Katy Hayward, Queen’s University Belfast
- Dr John Temple Lang, ICEL, Trinity College Dublin, Senior Visiting Research Fellow, Oxford University, and Solicitor
- Professor Catherine Donnelly BL, Trinity College Dublin and Law Library