- This event has passed.
What do NI Businesses Need to Drive Growth in our Economy? – CANCELLED
26 March @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
As the UK prepares to leave the European Union, it is timely to reflect on how best our local Northern Irish businesses might be supported to grow and thereby contribute to the Northern Ireland economy.
The Chief Executives’ Club at Queen’s has brought together a panel that includes leaders of business representative groups, to discuss a range of key issues affecting business. Those taking part on the panel will be:
- Dr. Graham Brownlow, Senior Lecture of Economics, Queen’s Management School
- Roseann Kelly, Chief Executive, Women in Business
- Angela McGowan, CBI Northern Ireland Director
- Ann McGregor MBE, Chief Executive of the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Our host for the evening will be the business broadcaster, Jamie Delargy, who was formerly the Business Editor at UTV. The topics to be discussed by the experienced panel members will include:
- What are the business sectors with the most growth potential?
- What are Northern Ireland’s key selling points in attracting in-ward investment?
- How can we best support local business and help them grow and thereby create new jobs?
- What issues are currently hampering business growth? And how might they be addressed?