Queen’s Policy Engagement has been established to improve the accessibility of, and engagement with, the world-class research base at Queen’s University Belfast in policy relevant areas. It aims to support the policymaking process by invigorating an ongoing dialogue between academics and those charged with developing, informing, implementing and evaluating public policy – locally, nationally and internationally.
How can we help?
We will deliver our vision through through our Policy Blog, our events programme, social media channels and more. However, our ultimate goal is to ensure opportunities for more substantive collaborative work and engagement between academics and those involved in the policymaking process are realised.
Our academics are available for a wide range of policy engagement activities, whether it an informal briefing, support with a project or report or anything in between. This might include:
- Informal meetings or conversations to clarify complicated points in a particular policy area
- Contributing to roundtable discussions with a range of experts and policymakers, public or closed-door
- Delivering expert briefings or seminars to civil servants, legislators and others
- Providing evidence to parliamentary committee meetings
- Contributing to the development of government reports
- Membership of official advisory bodies or working groups
- Formal consultancy arrangements whereby an academic spends an amount of time in a government department
How to engage with us
It can often prove challenging for non-academic research users to find the relevant academic and a suitable point in time to initiate engagement. Queen’s Policy Engagement is here to point you in the right direction and facilitate that early-stage engagement. We will aim to identify the relevant academic or research group, assist you in setting up a first meeting and support further activities as the engagement progresses.
As we develop, we aim to host a suite of resources and tools through this website, providing easily-accessible information and support for academics and policymakers.
In the meantime, whether you have a clear need for support or the most basic of questions, all you need to do is contact us and we will be happy to help.